Give a friend or family member permission to request (Authorized Representative)

← All Topics

In certain states, you can appoint a friend or family member as an authorized representative. This will allow them to request your birth certificate from the state using their ID for the ID verification. Please keep in mind, this letter will need to be notarized.

For the letter, you would list your full name and a short statement giving permission to the person you would like to appoint to request your birth certificate. Then, have the statement notarized.

You can see if your state allows authorized representatives by clicking here. Once you reach the support page, click ” application requirements ” and select the state the record originates from.

If you have any issues or need more assistance, please reach out to us using the contact form by clicking here.